Influence from grassroot level
- business & concepts
- design & art
- media & communications
Summing up the year 2014 - 6.2.2015
From cycle to bridge - 2.2.2015
The Demola Jam #2 - 18.12.2014
The second pitch - 16.12.2014
Creating participation cycle - 14.12.2014
Brainstorming and deciding on concept - 24.11.2014
Trip to Asikkala! - 18.11.2014
The team’s first impressions and feelings - 21.10.2014
Municipalities have to develop tools to enable the residents to influence in the decision making.
Asikkala is located by good transport connections and in the middle beautiful nature. There are about 8400 residents in Asikkala. Vääksy channel, which is located in the heart of the town, is the most active inland channel in Finland and during the Summer months vacationers double the population. Over a quarter of Asikkala area is lakes and rivers.
As Finland has drifted into an era of weak financial growth, we have to acknowledge better the residents’ needs and wants. Asikkala is using ask-answer forum which enables the officials to spot and correct the errors in produced services. We need a new channel or approach to support the decision making, that would replace the rigid and heavy resident questionnaires.
- We need more and more the residents’ opinion to support the decision making.
- The time of rapid financial growth ,and therefore the rapid development of services, is over. This is why it is essential to target the remaining resources correctly.
- How to ensure that the residents get the exact services they want?
- Develop informative and user friendly way to gather information about the residents’ wishes
- How to give enough information to the residents in order for them to be able to assess the quantity and quality of the services they want
- How to correctly legitimize and target the financial adjustments in the eyes of the residents